I was asked to do an end-of-year best-of top-5 list by Felipe from the chaotisch and charmant blog. His blog will feature different best-of lists from various guests all this month, so check it out. I decided I might as well post my lists here as well.
There was so much good music this year — and so much I didn’t get a chance to listen to. I can think of at least five albums I didn’t get to hear that would probably have made these lists. From what I was fortunate enough to hear, these are the ones that really stood out. It looks like it was a really good year for female vocals, Slumberland Records and Comet Gain. I purposely left February Records releases off the list.
Top 5 albums
5. Veronica Falls – s/t (Slumberland)
4. Cat Naps – Why Don’t You Whisper? (self-released)
3. Gold Bears – Are You Falling In Love? (Slumberland)
2. Dum Dum Girls – Only In Dreams (Sub Pop)
1. Comet Gain – Howl of the Lonely Crowd (What’s Your Rupture?)
Top 5 EPs
5. Tiny Fireflies – Change (Little Treasure)
4. Kids on a Crime Spree – We Love You So Bad (Slumberland)
3. Burning Hearts – Into The Wilderness (Shelflife)
2. Brave Irene – s/t (Slumberland)
1. Chalk and Numbers – He Knew (self-released)